Thursday, December 17, 2009

Keeping things interesting...

Gabe and I will occasionally play jokes on each other, such as driving off while someone runs in to pick up an item, pour ice cold water into the hot shower, you get the idea. Well here is the latest trick Gabe pulled on me....

So last weekend we were winding down our Christmas shopping for the day and had one last stop. As we are pulling into the store parking lot, I see a gas station that has really cheap gas, so I encourage Gabe to get gas before we go into the store. Gabe is pumping the gas and I am looking at my iphone (and it goes dead) and for whatever reason, I think it is fun game to lock Gabe out of the car. He sees me do this, finishes up pumping the gas and then disappears! I am looking all around for him outside, no Gabe. I keep seeing people come in and out of the convenience store, no Gabe. I sit there and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait. 10 minutes I wait, with Brody in the car and a dead cellphone. Finally I drive around the gas pumps looking for Gabe, nothing! I am considering driving home to plug in my phone to call him. By this point I am getting a little nervous. I start to drive off and I see Gabe walking toward the car!! He had gone inside the store to look at the items we were going to purchase. Ugh! Didn't even cross my mind! I thought someone had kidnapped him. We got a really good laugh after I decided it really was funny!
Thanks for the heart attack, honey!

No comments: