Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Uneventful Weekend

Nothing exciting to report this week. It was one of the most uneventful weekends we have had since becoming parents. I woke up at 5 am Saturday morning with nausea and throwing up. Again at 6:30 and the sick stomach lasting all day! Awesome! We called Care Now due to the whole swine flu drama, eventhough I had very few symptoms of the flu. Anyhow, we were wait-listed for 3.5 hours!! Luckily we were able to wait at home. I was given the most painful booty shot ever (it STILL hurts and I cried when she pricked me) and they drew blood which came back as a bacteria infection. I think it was the vegetable plate I ate from Cheddar's the night before. Pretty sure I will be staying away from Cheddar's. The shot made me throw up one more time and then I slept from 5 pm to 9 am and on and off all day Sunday. This sickness saddened my heart to no end that I missed my dear friend Carli's baby shower Saturday night. I was really looking forward to it, but there was no way I was physically going to make it there. I was thankful to have my sweet husband and my loving mom there to take care of me as well as watch after Brody for the weekend. I am extremely grateful to you both!
I thanked Gabe again yesterday evening for taking such great care of me and for his patient heart this past weekend. His response, "We had a weekend?" I think that pretty much sums it up. I feel great as of yesterday, thank goodness!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

sounds miserable! i hope you have a much more healthy week! i'm sorry you had to miss carli's shower - i know you were looking forward to it.

6601Charleston said...

So glad I could help out. I am just glad you are all better now. Enjoyed my time with the three of you very much but sorry it was because you were sick. Love you.