Monday, February 16, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

Gabe and I had a very productive and enjoyable weekend.  Friday night we treated Gabe's mom to dinner at the delicious Taco Diner in Southlake.  She had ordered the bedding for the cradle Baby Brody will be sleeping in until we move.  We are going to be doing a monkey theme in the nursery, come June, and she was able to find the cutest sock monkey fabric (you know, those stuffed animals that are brown with the huge red lips??)  It is dressed up with brown and white polka dot trim.  Anyway, she brought it all over Friday night since it came in!  We were so thrilled with the outcome.  

Saturday, Gabe and I got up and took care of some car business!  Got my car's oil changed, washed, and tires rotated.  Gabe got his inspection done, car washed, and tires rotated.  We had a movie and dinner date beginning at 3:15 to see He's Just Not That Into You.  I really enjoyed i he movie and thought it turned out to be cuter than I expected.  I have such a great guy to always take me to see my chick flicks!  :)  After the movie, we dined at Silver Fox.  We had never been and we had very high expectations after all the personal reviews we have heard from family and friends.  We were sat right next to Mike Snyder from channel 5 news! Gabe and I joked the whole dinner that we can't go anywhere without sitting right next to famous people after all of the meals we have had with celebrities in LA!  hehe.  It was fun and made for some great laughs.  Guess you had to be there. ..After dinner we came home and barged in on mom and Ron's dinner. OOPS!  We hurried upstairs to let them finish.  Later Gabe and I came downstairs and I had more dessert!  I went to bed so full, it was hard to lay with this huge, massive belly protruding out of me!  
Valentine's Day is my anniversary of getting Rocky as my Valentine gift...can't believe its my fourth year with him in my life.  I like to think everyday with him is a gift.  He is such a sweet, adorable, energetic, fun-loving dog.  I am so attached to this dog it is unbelievable.  Everyone says, just wait until kids are in the picture, but Rocky will always have a huge piece of my heart (kids or not).

Sunday, mom and I went over to my sister's to help her put together some outfits for her new job.  She has to dress up everyday so we were able to organize some things for her.  We also went to get a few things at the store in order to fill in a few holes she had in her wardrobe.  I was able to go to school for a couple hours to get some things done.  While the girls were away Gabe was able to finish up staining, polishing, and putting together the cradle for the little guy.  It looks so good! He worked really hard and it definitely shows.  I cannot believe it is the same cradle Gabe slept in as a baby.  It looks brand new!  Now, we just need the cradle mattress and we are good to go.  I am excited to set the cradle up and find a spot for it in the room!  
I was lucky enough to have the day off from school today (Monday), but I still worked!  Fun fun!  I was able to get a few things done around the house, such as research pediatricians online, try to get Rocky's skin allergies under control by talking with the vet and deciding to have him tested at a doggy dermatologist.  Poor guy, we feel so bad for him, we know he is just miserable!  He is scratching and biting his legs and feet uncontrollably so we are having to put his "lampshade" on until his appointment in 3 weeks!!   

We go back to the doctor tomorrow and we are going to drive by the lot and see the progress on the house.  Hopefully we will be able to see it in the daylight this time so we can take a picture.  It's only been a week, but we are anxious to see what has been accomplished in the past 7 days.

No comments: