Friday, August 21, 2009

Solid Food = SLEEP???

We have started Brody on solid foods and he is doing really well at eating from a spoon as long as I can control his arms and hands from getting into his mouth or the dish and what ever I am serving. He has only eaten rice cereal and peas. I am going to be making his baby food for a couple reasons...1) I know exactly what is going into his little body 2) I can choose to buy organic or frozen 3) it seems to be cheaper and 4) it's fun! I have the Babycook from Williams Sonoma and it works great! Here is my messy little guy after eating peas.
(Sorry for the blur- took this with my phone)

I have been seeing a trend with him eating solids...he sleeps 12 hours straight!!! I really hope I am not jinxing myself but I had stopped solids for about a week and he was waking up 2-3 times a night. Glad I have figured it out for my own selfish reason of sleeping! Off to make one more batch of peas and then we will start green beans next week.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

WOW! Look at you making baby food!!

Debbie said...

I make all of Jacob's food, too! It does save money and I love knowing exactly what I'm giving him! Good for you!! Jacob's definitely sleeping more, too! :)