Sunday, February 27, 2011

My "Favorite Friend"

My friend, Jenny, and I go way back. She was one of my first friends by default because our parents were friends and our older siblings were friends. When I would talk about Jenny when I was teeny tiny, I would refer to her as "my favorite friend," not my best friend but my favorite friend. We went to church together and a private elementary school together through 3rd grade, until I left to attend public school. Our friendship suffered a little for a few years since we stopped seeing each other everyday. Once I became engaged to Gabe, Jenny immediately came to mind as someone I wanted to be a bridesmaid of mine. Ever since we have stayed in much better contact with each other. She recently moved to San Diego and every time she is in town, we almost always make it work to have a quick visit. Since she was here for Christmas, I was her last stop before heading back to SD. We met at the Rainforest Cafe for lunch. She had never eaten there and I was hoping it would keep Brody's attention during our visit (not so much). Luckily, Gabe was there to help! It was also her first time to meet baby Cash.

She is so great with kids, she was a nanny for years, and I am thankful she is here to watch my kids grow up even if our visits are only a couple times a year.

A few pics from our most recent visit:



Some wedding photos:




Love ya, Jenny!

No comments: