Monday, April 13, 2009

4 WEEKS! WoW!

I am blown away that four weeks ago our incredible angel entered this world.  Baby Brody is a very pleasant, easy going little guy....we are so lucky!  He is starting to amaze us with his talents!  His legs are so strong.  He has been able to hold his head up from the second day, not for very long and it is wobbly but if he is laying on your chest he will lift his head up and look around.  He is getting better and can do it for longer periods of time now.  He grabs fingers and my long hair very well.  We believe he will be rolling over any time!  He is really working on it. Can you believe it at 4 weeks?  He loves to stare at people's faces too.  I am becoming THAT mom who brags all the time.  Here is my precious baby's Easter picture.
We had a great first Easter as a family of 3.  We went to church and lunch with Gabe's family. To the movie with friends.  And dinner with my family.  A busy family-filled day.  Hope everyone had a great day too.  

I am really looking forward to my friend Kelly's visit up here and to the Sip and See this weekend.  Knowing I have a great weekend ahead is helping me get through the tiring and stressful work week.  I am stunned that next week is the beginning of the last six-weeks of the school year.  It is really hard to get up in the mornings and go to work now that I am a mommy. It is a million times easier knowing Brody is in the best hands with my mom and Ron watching him, but it is still extremely difficult and tough to leave the little guy each morning.  It is MUCH harder than I thought it would be.  There is a light at the end of the tunnel and it is quickly approaching.  I am thrilled for my summer off and cannot wait to spend all of my time with my son.

Love to you all!

3 comments:

Justin and Allison said...

You are back at work? I cannot believe it. He is too cute.

Kelley and Addison said...

Lindsey,
He is beautiful!! I just love all the dark hair!! I can't believe you are back at work!! I bet its so hard to leave him everyday!!

Lindsey said...

He is so cute! And I LOVE that hair! I can't believe you're already back at work...you're a better woman than me!