TGI Friday's Spicy Cajun Chicken Pasta
4 tablespoons of butter (1/2 stick)
1 cup green bell pepper (chopped)
1 cup red bell pepper (chopped)
1/2 white onion, sliced and quartered (1 cup)
1 clove of garlic (pressed)
2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 medium tomato chopped
1 1/4 cup sliced and/or chopped mushrooms
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon of the following spices
ground white pepper
4 to 6 cups water
1 12-ounce box of fettuccine (or any type of pasta will work)
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
1. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
2. Saute the bell peppers, onions, and garlic in the butter for 8 to 10 minutes or until the vegetables begin to soften slightly.
3. As the vegetables are cooking, cut the chicken breasts into bite sized pieces.
4. Prepare a medium sized pan over high heat with the olive oil. When the pan is hot, add the chicken and cook, stirring for 5 to 7 minutes or until the chicken shows no pink.
5. When the vegetables are soft add the chicken to the large skillet containing the vegetables.
6. Add the tomatoes, mushrooms, chicken stock, 1/4 teaspoon of the following spices: salt, cayenne pepper, paprika, ground white pepper, dried thyme and continue to simmer for about 10 to 12 minutes until it thickens.
7. In the meantime, bring a pot of water to a boil, add salt if you like, cook the pasta until done. About 10 to 12 minutes.
8. When the noodles are done, drain them and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to the hot pasta. Toss the noodles.
9. Serve the dish by dividing the noodles in half onto two plates and top with the chicken and vegetable sauce. Top with parsley.
**This made more than 2 servings for me and Gabe.
Hope you enjoy it!