Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sick Baby

Brody has been sick these past few days, and let me tell you how heart-wrenching it is to know your little one is not feeling well and there isn't anything you can do. He was running fever in the 101's Monday and Tuesday, had lots of congestion, a cough, zero to little energy (which is extremelty rare) and sounds terrible. We took him to the doctor and they think it is viral. He has been on constant flow of Tylenol to hopefully take the edge off. I am happy to report his fever has broken since this morning, but the congestion and cough are still there and I know he still isn't feeling good. He swats the bulb syringe away since it's his worst enemy these last few days. Luckily he has been sleeping and resting most of the last two days to fight off the sickness. He has perfected his dramatic cry and it is pitiful! I will be holding him on my left hip, he body is spread eagle with his head thrown back crying a cry that reminds me of a "WHHHHY ME??" type cry. One thing that is not lacking is his appetite, which I am told is a good thing.

He has been to the doc two days in a row, but today we went for our well visit and flu shot (round 1). His stats are as follows:
Weight: 15 lbs 7.5 oz (15 %tile)
Height: 25 3/4 inches (25 %tile)

No comments: